DUCT REPAIR & REPLACEMENT
They are not visable, but your ducts are an integral part of your Air Conditioning System. Broken, dirty, leaks or poorly-planned ducts can have a significant impact on the quality of your indoor air, as well as the cost of cooling your home in the Treasure Coast. At I Need The Plumber & AC, our experienced technicians offer comprehensive Air Conditioning repair in Port St Lucie, including air duct cleaning, duct sealing, and duct replacement for more efficient and healthier home heating and cooling.
Three Problems Associated with Leaky Ducts
Leaks in your ducts may occur for many reasons, including poor initial installation, pest infestations, and wear and tear on the joints and connective materials over time. These leaks can affect your comfort at home and even raise the cost of running your air conditioning.
- Leaky ducts invariably cause higher utility bills. This is because a portion of the cooled air produced by your air conditioner or heat pump escapes into the empty spaces of your home, such as between walls and floors, before it can reach its final destination.
- Because your HVAC system will run longer and work harder to cool or heat your home to make up for air lost due to leaky ducts, these leaks will also put excess strain on your heating and cooling system and increase the risk of a breakdown or even complete appliance failure.
- Leaks in your ducts don’t just let air escape—they can also pull air in, as well as dirt, dust, and other airborne contaminants. This causes your home’s indoor air to suffer in terms of quality, and also causes your filter to clog more quickly for added HVAC strain.
Air Duct Cleaning vs. Air Duct Replacement
If you are experiencing heating, cooling, or air quality problems associated with problematic ducts, you may wonder whether it’s better to clean your air ducts or replace them. There are several factors that should influence this decision; we can help you evaluate your options to choose the right solution for your needs. If you have questions about cooling or heating your home in Port St Lucie, call the experts at I Need The Plumber & AC, they will be able to answer your questions.
- The majority of air quality concerns can be addressed via air duct cleaning. This process removes built-up dirt, dust, mold, and other materials from your ducts, restoring them to like-new condition for cleaner air and more efficient heating and cooling.
- Significant damage or mold growth may warrant replacement of the problematic ducts. Ducts that have collapsed should also be replaced to restore proper airflow. Additionally, poor duct design or installation could require your HVAC service to replace the duct system with one that will better meet your needs.
Call I Need the Plumber & AC for plumbing & expert HVAC service in PSL
We are available 24/7 for emergency AC and plumbing service, and would love to be your plumber and HVAC contractor of choice. All work is 100% guaranteed, and our customers love us. Give us a call to schedule service today.