By: Adriana Ramirez –
Our commitment to you:
COVID-19 Health and Safety
At I Need the Plumber & AC, we are open for business and ready to handle whatever plumbing and air-conditioning needs you have during this time of social-distancing and self-quarantine.
The health and safety of our customers and employees remains our greatest priority, so rest-assured that we are taking additional screening measures and precautions, both prior to and during service calls in customers’ homes.
Here is what we at I Need the Plumber & AC are doing in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- We are screening our employees for symptoms. Any employee who is symptomatic is not permitted to work and will be sent home to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Any employee who meets the criteria for self-isolation for any other reason, will also not be permitted to work.
- We are asking additional screening questions when booking service calls. We want to know if you are currently under quarantine, or if you should be. These questions may be asked again by the technician before entering your home. We also encourage our customers to feel comfortable asking the same questions of their technicians.
- We have advised our technicians to practice social distancing while in a customer’s home. This means allowing a space of about 2 arms’ lengths, or 6-8 feet, between each other.
- We are also practicing social distancing in our office space.
- Our technicians have received training sessions on proper hand hygiene and will disinfect their hands with sanitizer when they arrive at your home.
- When your service call is complete, our technicians again will perform hand hygiene.
- Our technicians will continue to use protective shoe covers before walking on your floors. This prevents tracking anything on your floors.
- We are disinfecting tools and equipment with germicidal wipes between service calls.
If you or a family member have met the criteria to self-quarantine, we ask that you delay your non-emergency plumbing or HVAC service until the 14 day isolation period is up, and until you have received the appropriate approval from the health authorities to do so.
Should emergency plumbing or air-conditioning needs arise during your time of mandated self-isolation, we would be happy to troubleshoot the issue with you over the phone for the time being (even if it is a only a temporary solution) and then come to your home once the isolation period is over. If we are not able to provide a temporary solution for you while you are under self-isolation, your situation will be evaluated by management and a decision will be made on how we can assist you while protecting ourselves.
Since you will likely be spending more time at home while social distancing, you may begin to notice those minor plumbing or HVAC issues that you have been neglecting. There are many things you can do yourself to properly maintain components of your home’s plumbing and HVAC without needing to hire a plumbing company. You can find these suggestions by reading through our many helpful blog posts.
However, some tasks are best left to the professionals, such as repairs or replacements of old or faulty equipment, and HVAC equipment maintenance. Here at I Need the Plumber & AC, we will gladly answer your questions and schedule an appointment for you. Remember, it is possible to have one of our technicians in your home and practice effective social distancing at the same time. Simply avoid hand shaking, practice proper hand hygiene, and keep 6-8 feet of distance between you and the technician.
At the end of the day, our goal is to provide you with comfort! This includes ensuring you are comfortable welcoming us into your home, knowing that we have taken extra precautions in response to the COVID-19 pandemic to inform and protect our staff and our customers.
Rest assured, we are always here to help you as essential service providers. Give us a call at 772-337-3222 or contact us online.
Stay safe and healthy!