HVAC Service Technician
Port St. Lucie, FL
Job Location – Port St Lucie, FL Job Shift – Days (7:30 am to 4:30 pm, plus on-call shifts)
Are you ready to quit looking for a job and get started on an amazing career with an up-and-coming residential plumbing & air conditioning repair company? Whether you’re just getting started as an HVAC apprentice, or have years of industry experience, come work with us at I Need the Plumber and Air-Conditioning!
Founded in 2014 by a 30-year industry veteran, we’re experiencing explosive growth and are looking for a full-time technician or apprentice to serve the St. Lucie and Martin County, FL area.
This position pays up to $85K, plus bonuses, depending on experience and job performance. We also offer great benefits including medical, dental, disability coverage, life insurance, continuous training, paid vacations, paid company holidays, and weekly paychecks.
Who We Are
As a locally owned plumbing and HVAC repair company, we believe in giving the best possible service to our customers. We provide same-day and on-time (2-hour window) services in most of Florida’s Treasure Coast. Every family wants a safe and comfortable home to live in, so we make sure our customers are 100% satisfied with the work we perform. Upfront and truthful in all of our dealings with customers, employees, and vendors, we don’t cut corners. It’s simply not in our DNA!
We’re able to provide excellent customer service by hiring team players who enjoy working with people and pride themselves on doing great work. We stay on top of our game by giving our technicians ongoing professional training on new products and changes in the industry.
Here, our employees are more than just a number! We’re a small company, so you’ll always have direct contact with management. Your ideas will count and you’ll have lots of opportunities for advancement.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do
- Perform accurate AC tune-ups and maintenance club member inspections, including a health and safety checklist, and communicate your findings clearly to customers in writing.
- Present yourself as professional and knowledgeable during every job, while delivering a positive customer experience from beginning to end.
- Conduct agreed-upon repairs and replacements to code and clean up your work area after finishing each job.
- Complete and return all required service documentation, purchase orders, and payments to designated office administration.
- Transport necessary materials and tools to the job site, keep track of your inventory, and ensure your truck is well-equipped and maintained at all times.
- Committed to improving your knowledge and skills and enthusiastically participate in company-paid training classes. You thrive in the fast-paced, high-energy environment of a growing company and feel great about doing quality work for the clients you serve!
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of HVAC experience
- Prior sales training with Airtime 500, Nexstar, or Contractors 2000 is a definite plus, but not a requirement (we are an SGI company).
- Able to navigate an iPad or other computer tablet
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record within the last 3 years
- All candidates must submit to a pre-employment background check, MVR check, and drug screening prior to receiving a job offer.
This is a full-time position that requires a flexible schedule, including some weekends. The typical schedule is 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, plus on-call shifts.
Ready to join our team?
We understand that your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that this job would be a great fit for you, please fill out our 3-minute mobile-friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
I Need the Plumber and Air-Conditioning is an EEOC company.