Journeyman Plumber (Plumbing Technician)
Port St. Lucie, FL
Job Location – Port St Lucie, FL Job Shift – Days (7:30 am to 4:30 pm, plus on-call shifts)
Are you ready to quit looking for a job and get started on an amazing career? If you’re an experienced plumber with 2-3 years of experience, come work with us at I Need the Plumber and Air-Conditioning!
Founded by a 30-year industry veteran, we’re experiencing rapid growth and are looking for a full-time plumber/journeyman to serve the St. Lucie and Martin County, FL area.
This position pays up to $85K, plus a generous sign-on bonus, depending on experience. We also offer great benefits including performance-based bonuses, medical/dental insurance, disability coverage, life insurance, continuous training, paid vacations and company holidays, and weekly paychecks.
Who We Are
As a locally owned Plumbing and HVAC repair company, we believe in providing the best possible service to our clients. We provide same-day and on-time (2-hour window) services in most of Florida’s Treasure Coast. Every family wants a safe and comfortable home to live in, so we make sure our clients are 100% satisfied with the work we perform. Upfront and truthful in all of our dealings with clients, employees, and vendors, we don’t cut corners. It’s simply not in our DNA.
We provide excellent customer service by hiring only the best team members who enjoy working with people and pride themselves on doing great work. We stay on top of our game by providing our technicians with ongoing professional training on new products and changes in the industry.
Here, our employees are more than just a number! We’re a small company, so you’ll always have direct contact with management. Communication is key for professional & career growth. Your ideas will count and you’ll have lots of opportunities for advancement.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do
- Kind, respectful, and a team player, you work efficiently without cutting corners. You take pride in a job well done and in not getting callbacks.
- Present yourself as professional and knowledgeable during every job, while delivering a positive client experience from beginning to end.
- Perform accurate plumbing inspections, including a health and safety checklist, and communicate your findings clearly to clients.
- Conduct agreed-upon repairs and replacements to code and clean up your work area after finishing each job.
- Complete and return all required service documentation, process all job tasks, inventory used, and payments processed on your assigned tablet.
- Transport necessary materials and tools to the job site, keep track of your tools and materials, and ensure your truck is well-equipped and maintained at all times.
- Committed to improving your knowledge and skills and enthusiastically take advantage of company-paid training classes. You thrive in the fast-paced, high-energy environment of a growing company and feel motivated to perform quality work for the clients you serve!
- High school diploma, GED, or applicable trade school.
- At least 2-3 years of applicable trade experience.
- Prior sales training with Nexstar, PSI, Contractors 2000 is preferred, but not required (we are an SGI company).
- Knowledge of residential plumbing and drain systems.
- Physical ability to perform all types of plumbing tasks.
- Knowledge of basic plumbing codes.
- Able to navigate an iPad or other computer tablet
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record within the last 3 years
- All candidates must submit to a pre-employment background check, MVR check, and drug screening prior to receiving a job offer.
This is a full-time position that requires a flexible schedule, including some weekends. The typical schedule is 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, plus additional hours for on-call service shifts.
Ready to join our team?
We understand that your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that this job would be a great fit for you, please fill out our 3-minute mobile-friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
I Need the Plumber and Air-Conditioning is an EEOC company.