Garbage Disposals in Port St.
Helping You Fix a Clogged or Jammed Garbage Disposal
There is nothing more frustrating than when you’re in the middle of cleaning up your sink and your garbage disposal stops working. If you want to fix the problem yourself, keep in mind that your garbage disposal comes with a tool that allows you to turn its inner workings to get the jam out without needing to put your hand inside the machine. Just make sure that the garbage disposal is unplugged before you attempt to troubleshoot the equipment as this can be very dangerous.
However, if you can’t find the tool that came with your garbage disposal or you can’t unplug the machine, we strongly recommend you call a professional instead. At I Need The Plumber & AC, our expert plumbers can fix your garbage disposal in a timely and safe manner. We bring with us years of experience in the industry, working on practically every garbage disposal brand and model. When you call us, you can be sure that we get the job done right the first time.
What is a garbage disposal’s life Expectancy?
A garbage disposal is an appliance that you use every day. Whether it’s for food prep or cleanup, you can’t do any of those things without garbage disposal. Typically well-maintained garbage disposal will last anywhere from 8 to 15 years. Eventually, like any household appliance, they will break down. On average, your garbage disposal should last several years before the blades wear down, the motor will burn out or the garbage disposal will stop working as efficiently as before. Remember, depending on when your garbage disposal was first installed, modern garbage disposals will last much longer than older model ones.
Basic Garbage Disposal Maintenance
Your garbage disposal is a complex piece of equipment. If you want to prevent it from clogging and ultimately extend its life expectancy, there is some maintenance work that you can observe on your own.
Tips for Garbage Disposal maintenance:
- Avoid grinding starchy or fibrous food in the machine such as potato peeling, mashed potatoes, banana peelings, rice, and pasta.
- Do not put coffee grounds, tea leaves, or eggshells in your disposal.
- Keep your garbage disposal clean and fresh smelling by regularly grinding small pieces of lemon or orange peels. You may also put ice cubes into the disposal to clean it.
- Clean your garbage disposal at least once a month with a handful of baking soda and a cup of vinegar. Never use bleach and water to clean your machine.
- Rinse your garbage disposal with hot running water.
Our Plumbers in Port St. Lucie Are Available 24/7
Don’t let clogged garbage disposal put you in a jam! Our Port St. Lucie garbage disposal repair team is here to provide prompt, reliable repair services. We also have same-day and 24-hour emergency services for garbage disposal issues that